TBC Classic Optimizer is under development

Same question here. Checking this site each day 1 - 2 time in hope for good news.

Or is there another simcraft tool out there that could fill in our needs?

If you read through the thread, you’ll see that we don’t really do ETAs. Trying to finish as fast as we can.

1 Like

i hope the TBC optimizer will be up very soon and i understand that the 9.1 come in first.

Thank you for doing your best !

3 Likes

theres 70upgrades or whatever but I don’t really trust it. I’m so damn lost without AMR TBC. :frowning: Fk those 9.1 turds, help me suck less at hunter in TBC :frowning:

2 Likes

Any updates on the TBC classic Optimizer?

1 Like

Same estimate as before. 9.1 comes out tomorrow, so we’re buried in last-minute updates and fixes for that. And they always sneak a few changes on patch day, so it takes a day or two to sort that out.

We have been working on TBC in parallel with 9.1 this last week and weekend, and will be working on it all this week and next week. We hope to have something ready to use soon.

7 Likes

Awesome! I posted some strings! I hope they help as druids I bet are tricky with the forms!

Yeah our site has always been built around the concept of a “spec” (like frost mage or fire mage). So classic (and now TBC) present a challenge there… since the game doesn’t have a concept of “spec” built in. It is implied based on your talents.

So that’s how we will do it for TBC too – look for specific talents to decide if you are cat or bear spec. (We keep the retail/live labeling and call it feral/guardian.) That’s just a default when importing your character of course – you can always change your spec manually on the site and create a setup for any spec.

1 Like

awesome! I’ll for sure resubscribe to AMR for this <3

If you want a beta tester for TBC AMR I’d be happy to spin the tires for you. Really missing this addon for TBC!!!

My to, I hae used Beta addons for years, and made feedback on it. So if you have a beta or test version Im happy to test it, its no problem and if it scrurs up my config np I have plenty copys of my addon settings so Im more and happy to test out an developer version np.

1 Like

waiting (im)patiently on tbc update, running out of bag space keeping everything just to make sure i don’t accidently de/sell something i might need.

thanks for the work you are doing. :wink:

2 Likes

As a public service announcement I’d like to remind people that, if you need to, one can use the item restoration system to get things back they might have sold to a vendor or disenchanted:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/restoration

World of Warcraft accounts can use this service once every 7 days. Once your request has been processed, they will mail your items directly to your character in the game (COD). They will also reclaim any enchanting materials you received when we restore disenchanted items.

I heard the restoration was broken since TBC launch.

no, works fine. Got the COT1 Def ring back that way.
Still having a lot issues how to choose the right stats or items. WoWhead BIS list and stat explainations are partly wrong or misleading for Druid Tanks.

1 Like

I’ve resorted to using the Pawn add-on and found some decent strings to import for my Rogue. You might have luck with the same for your druid until AMR for TBC is available.

If you guys need a feral druid to beta test anything feel free to hit me up! I’m happy to help and give great feedback.

i find it quite amazing that people say tbc would be niche. but when i look here in forum where most of the user activity is. then this is not at retail. shadowland test bfa test have to date less responses than the current tbc test…

1 Like

User participation on the AMR forum is not necessarily representative of the overall user base of Classic vs Retail.

Yellowfive and Swol have the actual numbers of subscribers for the two different types of WoW. Swol mentioned earlier that over 95% of their users are retail players. So it is understandable that they would prioritise getting the 9.1 update out on time, otherwise they would upset their main source of income for AMR.

Most retail users of AMR may not even read (or at least contribute to) the forum, and are content with just using the tool itself. There is definitely a pretty vocal group of TBC players that really want it developed, but compared to their overall userbase, I imagine it would be pretty small. They are working on it, just be patient :slight_smile:

1 Like

AMR has been and still is the single best thing that has come out of the wow fan base of addon development, I really can’t remember when AMR came about [ I think it was around TBC] but it’s made my game that much more fun to play ! Thanks to the guys that have worked so hard to help me be a better player in WOW, PLEASE keep up the great work you guys do.

1 Like