Wrath of the Lich King Classic Updates

Will it be possible to find upgrades for lower level dungeons as well while leveling? The upgrade finder seems to only show upgrades from the highest level dungeons.
I know it’s a work in progress though, cheers.

We only support end-game content and max-level characters (we have done that since the beginning for every version of the game that we have supported). It is very difficult to scale the optimizer to lower levels… usually it is hard to find all of the required scaling information, the rotations and skill uses can be totally different, etc.

There also isn’t a ton of demand for optimization at lower levels – it typically is not necessary. Taking the highest item level rewards will almost always be good enough until you get to end-game (assuming the item is of the appropriate type, has your primary stat, etc.).

That said… though the upgrade finder won’t have low-level dungeons and the optimizer isn’t explicitly designed for low levels… Best in Bags should work well enough at lower levels. I have used it to level my characters and found it useful.

That makes a lot of sense, I just seem to remember using your services back in MoP where I would check for upgrades on alts etc while leveling. It probably wasn’t optimized for it, but it was a great help that made it very easy for me to get an overview.
Thanks for the answer :slight_smile:

Running upgrade finder on basically fresh 80 Arcange Mage (in SWP/T6 gear). Only shows limited options in normal or heroic upgrades - see Heroic Dungeons Only - https://i.imgur.com/iwLKRFj.pngNormal Dungeons Only - h - Pastebin.com for all images.

However if I select “both” rather than Heroic/Normal it shows all the options in the screenshots provided?

Doesn’t seem to be working correctly when you just select one difficulty type.

Thanks

Could you provide me with a snapshot to try your case? Press the “help” link next to the big Upgrade Finder section header, then Create Support Post, and copy the generated snapshot ID here. Then I can try your case specifically and see what’s up.

Rogues are recommended to enchant shoulders with Inscription of the Frostblade if they don’t have Inscription.

1. This item is not available in-game.
  2. The stats are wrong: it should give 45 SP instead of 45 AP.

If possible, TBC enchants should be quite useful if they were to be added. I would like to compare how much is a dps loss if I do not re-enchant items.

I don’t know if you still need tobyb’s snapshot for the problem with the upgrade finder, but I’m having the same issue with my warlock, so here’s mine.

e96e8c24c04a4e5399941b814585971d

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks, I’ll take a look. It seems that a bunch of the dungeon items didn’t get flagged as either normal or heroic.

I see someone posted already but my snapshot is here if you still need - 02a0132c403e48408dd8ec3284bceb81

Thanks

My optimizer keeps telling me to put a gem in my waist, Ligthwarden’s Girdle.
However, there is no gem slot in my waist. :thinking:

I’m sure this isn’t #1 priority. But just checking if enabling the creation of equipment manager sets, like the retail addon, is still on the table?

That’s the belt buckle. You can use the setting for the minimum ilvl item you wish to add a belt buckle to remove the buckle if you wish, e.g. set it to ilvl200 or something higher than your current gear.

Yes it’s still on the list, hopefully I can get to that soon.

As far as I can tell, the equipment manager isn’t in the game yet? When it is, we can enable creation of equipment manager sets.

It has to be enabled in settings. Equipment manager is disabled by default.

4a854f655a1546d3ae8a45e8a268c262

heirloom items arent showing up in the optimizer. I know its a minor thing right now but it will be useful the more people play alts and figuring out whats best to keep as we level

correction showing up but cant be locked in as i dont want to replace until 80.

Also it only shows the level 1 version i believe

Heirloom items are always a bit of a pain… they use scaling curves and a different format back in WotLK than they switched to after the bonus ID system was introduced. I’ll see if I can get them working… but since they aren’t really end-game items, we might end up punting on them.

Aah… Right… Forgot about belt buckles… :smiley:
Tnx a lot :smiley:

Just throw in the level 80 version of it and call it a day imo.